- You may choose to arrive by air at the Sofia Airport, located in the capital of Bulgaria. Sessions 1 and 2: a shuttle on the afternoon of July 23 will pick you up at the airport for an additional fee, including the return to the airport the very early morning of August 5 (additional $50/person each way). For the Conducting Program the shuttle will be available on August 8 from Vidin Airport and August 16 from Vidin.
- Train service from any major city in Europe is available.
- The Craiova Airport in Romania is about 90 minutes by car, with air service from London, Paris, Bologna, and other major European cities. For an additional $100/person we will send a private car to pick you up at the airport.
- From Craiova there is frequent train service to Bucharest (Romania), which has a major airport.
Other options for travel from Sofia to Vidin
- If you opted for the shuttle transportation you will be met at the airport.
- To travel independently we can set up a car service for you for 160 lev (approximately $100).
- You may take the bus for 20 Lev (aprox. $12). The bus company is Alexiev, headquartered in Vidin. Please check departure times as the schedule may change. https://www.passengertransport.bg/en/alexiev-91-ltd-vidin/. The bus leaves from Sofia Central Bus Station https://www.centralnaavtogara.bg/index.php#b or centralbusstation-sofia.com
Address: 100 Kn. Maria Louisa Boulevard
National telephone line – 359 (2) 8133-202 or 0900 63 099
|from Sofia via Vratsa to Vidin||9:30, 12:30, 14:00, 15:00, 17:45||Sofia Central Bus Station||Alexiev Bus Station|