THE APPLICATION PROCESS
To apply, please fill out the Application Form at this link: International Musicians Academy 2023 – Conducting Program Application Form (google.com). The form will ask you to submit:
A 15-25’ video that includes rehearsal and performance footage. The video should be from the perspective of the ensemble (not the audience), ideally varying styles of repertoire — may be orchestra, chorus, or opera. Please submit the video as a link to YouTube file (in the application form).
Other documents requested: resume, a statement of you motivation to apply to IMA, a statement of your goals.
After reviewing all your material, you will be notified of the decision regarding your application. The video and resume will be assessed by the conducting faculty.
As the Conducting Program is open to only 5 participants, we recommend those interested apply early. The full cost of $3350 includes:
- A minimum of 200 minutes with the full orchestra (4 rehearsals of 40 minutes, one dress rehearsal of 10-20 minutes and a public performance of about 10 + minutes).
- Off-the-Podium daily workshops.
- Hotel, single room, with breakfast.
- Transportation from Sofia to Vidin, round trip by van, as scheduled by the Academy.
- A video of the performance.
- January 1, 2023 – $1000
- March 15, 2023 – $1000
- June 1, 2023 – $1350
You may submit your payment through one of the following options:
- Check. Please mail your check to International Musicians Network, 1560 Bondsville Rd., Downingtown, PA 19335, USA.
- Bank Wire. For wire information please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Venmo: @Ovidiu-Marinescu
- Zelle: email to email@example.com
Note: Bank and any or other transaction fees, as well as underpayment due to currency fluctuations are the responsibility of the payer (participant).